Human and Community Development
Ph.D., University of Washington
- Interests: Social-Emotional, Family, School, Health & Mental Health, Culture/Neighborhood/Society
- Life Phases: Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Adolescence, Emerging Adulthood, Adulthood
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests:
- Social and economic stress
- Life course development
- Family interaction processes
- Family research methods
- Courses Taught:
Social and economic stress
Life course development
Family interaction processes
Family research methods
- Recent Publications:
- Conger, R. D., & Donnellan, M. B. (2007). An interactionist perspective on the socioeconomic context of human development. Annual Review of Psychology,58.
- Conger, R. D., & Dogan, S. J. (2006). Social class and socialization in families (pp. 433-460). In Joan Grusec & Paul Hastings (Eds.), Handbook of socialization. New York: Guilford Press.
- Conger, R. D., Lorenz, F. O., & Wickrama, K. A. S. (Eds.). (2004). Continuity and change in family relations: Theory, methods, and empirical findings. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Cui, M., Conger, R. D., & Lorenz, F. O. (2005). Predicting change in adolescent adjustment from change in marital problems. Developmental Psychology, 41, 812-823.
- Donnellan, M. B., Larsen-Rife, D., & Conger, R. D. (2005). Personality, family history, and competence in early adult romantic relationships. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 88, 562-576. [Abstracted in Clinician's Research Digest June, 2005].
- Elder, G. H., Jr., & Conger, R. D. (2000). Children of the land: Adversity and success in rural America. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. Recipient of the William J. Goode Book Award given by the American Sociological Association, Family Sociology Section, 2002.
- Related Links: