Human and Community Development
Beth A. Ober
Developmental Psychologist (E.S.)
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1982
- At UCD since: 1990
- Interests: Biological, Cognitive, Health & Mental Health
- Life Phases: Adulthood, Aging
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests:
- Cognition in normal and abnormal aging, Alzheimer's disease, cognitive neuropsychology of aging.
- Courses Taught:
Adulthood and Aging (HDE 100C)
Field Studies of the Elderly (HDE 143)
Issues in Aging (HDE 162)
Development in Adulthood (HDE 200C)
Cognition and Aging (HDE 232)
- Recent Publications:
- Ober, B.A. and Shenaut, G.K., Semantic Memory, In M. Traxler & M. A. Gernsbacher (Eds.), Handbook of Psycholinguistics, 2nd Edition, Elsevier, in press.
- Ober, B.A. RT and non-RT methodology for semantic priming research with Alzheimer's disease patients: A critical review. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 24: 883-911, 2002.
- Minzenberg, M.J.; Ober, B.A.; and Vinogradov, S. Semantic priming in schizophrenia: A review and synthesis. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 8:699-720, 2002.
- Ober, B.A. and Shenaut, G.K. Well-organized conceptual domains in Alzheimer's disease. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 5:676-684, 1999.
- Heine, M.K.; Ober, B.A.; and Shenaut, G.K. Naturally occurring and experimentally induced tip-of-the-tongue experiences in three adult age groups. Psychology and Aging, 14:445-457, 1999.
- Related Links: