Human and Community Development
M.A. & Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- At UCD since: 2006
- Interests: Social-Emotional, School, Culture/Neighborhood/Society, Health & Mental Health, Prevention Research, Research Methodology
- Life Phases: Adolescence, Emerging Adulthood
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests:
- Adolescent mental health, peer relations, ethnicity/contextual moderators, school-based preventions and interventions, mental health and physical symptoms, and methodological issues.
- Recent Publications:
- Nishina, A., Ammon, N. Y., Bellmore, A. D., & Graham, S. (2006). Body dissatisfaction and physical development among ethnic minority adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. Special Issue: Body Image, 35, 179-191.
- Juvonen, J., Nishina, A., & Graham, S. (2006). Ethnic diversity and perceptions of safety in urban middle schools. Psychological Science, 17, 393-400.
- Witkow, M. R., Bellmore, A. D., Nishina, A., Juvonen, J., & Graham, S. (2005). Mutual antipathies during early adolescence: More than just rejection. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 29, 209-218
- Nishina, A., & Juvonen, J. (2005). Daily reports of witnessing and experiencing peer harassment in middle school. Child Development, 76, 435-450.
- Nishina, A., Juvonen, J., & Witkow, M. R., (2005). Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will make me feel sick: The consequences of peer harassment. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 34, 37-48.
- Related Links: