Human and Community Development
Specialist in Cooperative Extension
Director, California Communities Program
Ph.D., University of Oregon 1984
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Research Interests:
How public policy Ecology processes interact at the local level, focusing on governance, civic engagement, and citizenship
Collaboration in local social service and workforce development networks
Faith-based community organizing and initiatives
Community food systems
Evaluation of collaborative community initiatives
- Selected Publications:
- Campbell, D. 2011. Policy Workaround Stories are Valuable Evaluative Indicators: But Should They be Told? American Journal of Evaluation. Online publication April 26, DOI: 2011 1098214011405505.
- Campbell, D. 2011. Reconsidering the Implementation Strategy in Faith-based Policy Initiatives. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 40: 130-148.
- Campbell, D. 2010. Democratic Norms to Deliberative Forms: Managing Tools and Tradeoffs in Community-based Civic Engagement. Public Administration and Management, 15(1), 305-341.
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Faith-based Programs: A Local Network Perspective. Chapter 12 in Faith-Based Social Services: Measures, Assessments, and Effectiveness, edited by Stephanie C. Bodie and Ram A. Cnaan, The Haworth Press, 2006 (with Eric Glunt).
- Rethinking Welfare School-Attendance Policies. Social Service Review, _79 _(1), pp. 2-28, March 2005 (with Joan Wright).
- Community Food Systems and the Work of Public Scholarship. In Scott J. Peters, Nicholas R. Jordan, Margaret Adamek, and Theodore R. Alter, eds., Engaging Campus and Community: The Practice of Public Scholarship in the State and Land-Grant University System. Dayton, Ohio: Kettering Foundation Press, 2005 (with Gail Feenstra).
- Related Links: